Prepared by Wilfrid Laurier University
Section F: Resources
On this page, you will find a comprehensive list of resources provided within this guide. These resources include examples, printable handouts, and additional links.
Summary of Resources
Within this section, we have provided you with:
- our sample reflective essay,
- typical structure of a reflective essay,
- all of the handouts found within this guide,
- external links and resources, and
- activities and exercises.
Structure of a Reflective Essay
The components of a reflective essay will vary depending on your institution and your instructor’s preferences. Be sure to refer to your assignment instructions to find out what will be required.
Most reflective essays will include the following major sections and components:
- Cover page includes basic student and class information
- Introduction provides an overview of the purpose of your reflection and the themes that you will address in the body of your paper
- Body includes an in-depth exploration of the themes
- Conclusion for solving the problem
- References to any sources that were used at any point in the case study project
Example: Annotated Reflective Writing
Learn more about writing strategies for Reflective Writing.
Launch the Conference Presentation annotated example that you can review in your browser.
Download the Conference Presentation annotated example that you can review and print.
Next: Review and Practice
Now that you have reviewed this guide, you can try our interactive Guided Writing Tools to work on sections of your own Reflective Writing.